Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Cinco de Mayo Half Marathon - aka Ocho de Mayo Half aka Mother's Day Half! :)

(May 9, 2011) Linda, Renee and I participated in the Cinco de Mayo Half Marathon in Portland yesterday. We spent a great deal of the marathon going UP HILL of course, this is the Pacific Northwest! It was also raining off and on. We all three felt great and were able to stay together and really push each other. We ended up doing 13.1 miles in 3 hours and four minutes! I loved it! It was Renee's first half marathon and she really rocked it! She even broke into a sprint a few yards from the finish line! (You go girl!) We were all so proud of each other! At the end of the race there was a mariachi band, burritos and beer. The burrito didn't interest me but the beer certainly did and I totally chugged it down! I beat my last half marathon time by another 12 minutes. Yay! It was my best time to date and I'm not even sore today. I'm doing another one next month and it's the big one - a full 26.2 mile marathon, Vancouver's first. I'm already looking forward to it. I'm a marathon junkie! :)

Me, Linda and Renee




No comments:

Post a Comment