Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My First Half Marathon of 2011

(March 1, 2011) On Sunday, February 27th, I walked in the Max Muscle Half Marathon here in Vancouver. I really enjoyed not having to drive into Portland or beyond for an event. I walked the 13.1 miles in 3 hours 16 minutes and 41 seconds, beating my last half marathon by twelve minutes! The day was windy and cold. I suffered major lower and upper leg cramps for the last four miles - couldn't even "rush" through the finish line - but I still did well. At first I thought I had not hydrated myself enough the days prior to the event but the more people I talked to, the more I found out they had suffered the same. Most believe it was because of how cold it was. Whatever the reason, it was quite painful and I hope not to experience that again. I need to pump up the training now - September will be here before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment