Sunday, October 14, 2012

Girlfriends Half Marathon

Let me start this post by saying... MY FOOT HURTS! And I mean, HURTS, in a bad way! In fact, my entire body kinda hurts.  There, I said it. Ugh.

Today was the Girlfriends Half Marathon here in Vancouver! It is a race for women and it supports breast cancer so I brought out the pink hat and boas once again! ;)

I walk this race with friends for FUN. I don't walk to beat any previous records and don't care about my time. I bring along my camera and HAVE FUN. Because of my mindset about not caring about the time, etc., I didn't care what I ate yesterday and didn't really hydrate like I should have (you see where this is going...). In fact, I didn't even eat breakfast before leaving the house this morning. Big mistake on my part... dumb, dumb, dumb. I suffered today and I suffered badly. I know I wasn't properly hydrated and that will always make you suffer. I didn't carb load and didn't fuel my body like I should have. I paid the price. I hurt all over. Hours later... I'm still hurting. Husband took me for a nice dinner... and I'm still hurting. I'm completely exhausted.

(My foot... well that's a totally different issue that I haven't been able to resolve yet. But. I still have hope for the future... a future without foot pain!)

This morning started out pretty cold and I had to get a much needed coffee before the race.

Sue, Lesley, Nanette and me

Next, we had to wait in a very long line to make one last stop at the porta potties...


And then the fun started... crazy women having a great morning walk together!

 
No need to narrate ... the pictures tell the story.
 

I love the pose, Bullseye! ;)

(and yes, I dropped the cone on Lesley's head after the photo op! ooops!)
 

 
 





 
Lesley and Nanette decided to give me the booty pic for mile 11...
 
But then we took a proper one...because Miss Proper (that would be ME) got in the picture! bwaaahahaha
 

 
 

 
 
 
One of these ladies (certainly wasn't me... remember... I'm Miss Proper!) decided
we needed to skip across the finish line! I couldn't coordinate my skipping skills at all!
Not sure I ever had them in the first place!


 
 FINISHED! 
 
13.1 miles in 3:17:51 - averaging a 15:06 minute mile
 
We had a GREAT day!
 
We also hammed it up for all the photographers out on the course so more photos to come when they become available.
 
Good night, y'all. I'm beat. Until next weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment